Monday, July 20, 2009

I don't know...


Drake asked me a question today.
"Mom, why does a mosquito bite itch?"

I had no idea.

this got me to thinking.
my kids are going to have questions! am i going to know what answers to give them? the correct answers!
i do not have all the answers i want to have them, especially as a Mother.

That kinda makes me nervous.

Now mind you... I don't think the salvation of my children or myself for that matter, lies on wether or not i know why a mosquito bite itches, but wether or not i am a good Mother does matter.

There is no job that compares to a Mothers.

I want to be a good teacher. or at least one that guides my children in the right direction.

There is so much that my children need to learn, and if they don't learn it from me... will they learn it correctly?

I want to be able to teach them discipline
They need to know the importance of being a hard worker
I want them to know of the importance of achieving goals.
They certainly need to know the value of money.
I want them to know that education is important.
It is vital to me that my children are good citizens. That they contribute to their country & communities that they live in.
It is also very important that my children are polite & that they have good manners. I want them to see and recognize all that is done for them by all those around them.
I want them to be Thankful!

They need to be honest
It is important that they have faith
I want them to learn how to be healthy. Eating & Exercise & to respect their bodies they have been blessed with.
This life sometimes brings dissapointment. How do i teach them to handle disapointment well?
Life also brings change. Change can sometimes be hard to accept, but it is a given. How do i teach them to deal with those changes that life will bring to them?



The list goes on and on...

it can be so overwhelming!


I've always been told to teach by example. I am doing my very best to live the best life i know how, but I sometimes feel that i am falling short in so many ways. I am trying to teach by example, but sometimes it doesn't seem to be enough.

Especially now that i have been given such an amazing chance to be a Mother Figure to 2 more beautiful babies that i love very much, and that i don't want to let down or disappoint.
I don't want to disappoint my children
I don't want to disappoint my parents
I don't want to disappoint my Heavenly Father-with this great responisbility He has given me.
&

I certainly don't want to disappoint myself.

Being a Mother is so important to me. My greatest dream is to have my children be successful little human beings. The thought that-it is up to me... it is a little frightening to say the least.

I don't know all the answers. I trip... a lot. How can that make me a good Mother? a good Companion?

I can only hope that the love i have for them & can show them every day - just might make up for my short comings. That is for certain.


i love them.

I thank God for all those who have taught me & who are teaching me in my own life.

Thank you friends for being my Rocks!

I don' tknow it all... but i will certainly do my very best.
What are some of the things that you have learned being a PARENT?
Did it help you to be a better PARENT?


BTW...

Why do mosquito bites itch?


Mosquitoes are a bit like flying syringes. Their large needle nose, called a proboscis, is ideal for quickly landing on a victim, withdrawing a bit of blood and then taking off for the next target. You may not notice a mosquito bite initially, but within an hour or two after a bite, you may have raised red bumps from mosquito bites that itch like crazy.
When a mosquito bites, she leaves behind saliva. In fact, the saliva present in mosquito bites serves the mosquito well, since it works as an anti-coagulant. These means the mosquito can quickly draw blood without catching your attention.
The saliva injected when a mosquito bites causes our bodies to produce a histamine response. We have a slight allergy response, and thus our skin around the bite area gets itchy. This can actually be a good thing, even if it’s an annoying one, because mosquito bites can transfer disease. In the US, risk of West Nile Virus is the main concern. In other countries, mosquito bites may transfer malaria and other quite nasty germs. If our bodies didn’t respond with the itch factor to mosquito bites, we might not realize we’d been bitten. Though knowing you’ve been bitten may not prevent the spread of disease, you can tell your doctor about it if you develop severe flu symptoms a few days or weeks later.
Some people build up a tolerance to mosquito bites. They may barely notice when they’ve been bitten, and the skin may not swell up. This is sort of like getting allergy shots. Small doses of mosquito saliva over time can cause us to become immune to the saliva. Adults more typically have less of a reaction to mosquito bites than do children. This immunity can wear off after a while, and an adult who hasn’t had mosquito bites for a few years might become itchy again after receiving a few new mosquito bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure love hearing from you! Thank you for sharing your feedback, ideas & comments!
xoxoxo!