Monday, July 20, 2009

Snickerdoodle Dayze


Summer tyme is a time for many favorites!

favorite foods

favorite activities

favorite colors


did i mention favorite foods? i love summer time foods!

watermelon

sweet corm

bbq

fresh veggies

and especially anything COLD! like otter pops & ice cream sandwhiches! MMMmmm My favorite ALL YEAR LONG cookie is the snickerdoodle! I love making them any time of the year for my family but in the summer... just add a scoop of icecream inbetween two of these soft yummies and you have yourself a delish treat for those HOT summer days!



What is your 'FAVORITE' of summer?



ENJOY:

Snickerdoodles
Cream: 1 1/2 cup sugar & 1 cup shortening
Add: 2 eggs & 1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir In:
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt

Roll into balls approx. 1 1/2" - turn balls in cinnamon sugar
Bake 400° 8-10 minutes
cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to paper bag/cooling rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. WOW you are giving up your snickerdoodle recipe!?? I never thought I would see the day. It will be weird to eat them without you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yummy... those snickerdoodles sound so good!! :) They're my dad's favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kent just mentioned the other day..."hey, Jodi didn't make me snickerdoodles when we were there last...what's up with that? She gets a boyfriend and forgets about me!!!" lol...i think he is feeling a little jiped. When I make them they just don't taste the same.

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you! Thank you for sharing your feedback, ideas & comments!
xoxoxo!