Thursday, October 22, 2009

What makes YOU HaPpY?

is it a hot bath?

how about time with a special someone?

being outdoors?

working in the garden?

baking in the kitchen?

a good hard run, early in the morning?

accomplishing a long term goal?

gerbera daisies?

reading a good book?

a chocolate cupcake?

ohhhh... how about a nice warm snickerdoodle?

serving others?

We all come from different life experiences and walks of life, yet i bet we have more things in common & things that tie us in more important ways then what we might think...

Most of us have at least one hobby or treat that instantly lifts our spirits. For some lucky people, it's their job that brings them fulfilment. For others, close relationships are the key to contentment. Or maybe a favorite hobby.

Are there ways to increase our levels of happiness, particularly in the middle of a downturn?

One of the things that i use every single day is a "gratitude journal", listing all the little things for which I feel thankful on that particular day or week, or sometimes even in a moment.

Counting your blessings and reliving a positive memory from the previous day, week, month or year are two of the most effective techniques for boosting happiness for me.

I LOVE the Fall. I am sure it is my favorite time of the year. I now have another reason to add to my list of why i LOVE it soooo much!

Can you guess what i will be writing about in my "gratitude journal"?


Here is a hint: FAMILY!


Want another hint? Keeeep scrolling... Ü

YuP! We're ENGAGED! Ü

HaPpY! Ü

7 comments:

  1. OH MY Sugar.. I am so flipping happy for ya!

    You so deserve to be happy!! I am thrilled for you, wish you the best the world has to give you my sugarplum angle.

    XOXO
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS...I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not be happier for ALL of you!! I know that Christy is pleased. My heart is full and my eyes are brimming with tears....joy. Be happy! Your pictures are beautiful!!! You make a beautiful family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, Thank you so much. I am feeling so overwhelmed today, from all the love and support that is being directed our way. We are so very lucky to have found eachother. I didn't know that happiness & love could feel this good.
    I owe Kristi a great big Thank You, and look forward to the day where i can throw my arms around her and tell her again, how much i love her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic news congratulations Jodi! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jodi!!! What a beautiful family. I am so excited for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jodi! What a beautiful family. I am so excited for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I sure love hearing from you! Thank you for sharing your feedback, ideas & comments!
xoxoxo!